Wednesday 26 May 2010

From Bangladesh back to my roots!

My four months in Bangladesh really were among the best in my life so far but now it's time to take what I learnt there and try and find a way to apply it to South Africa.

Social business for South Africa

South Africa has the second highest income disparity (indicated by the gini coefficient) in the world. This is ideal for social business as it means that while there are a vast number of social needs to addressed, there is also a large wealthy upper class, a very active Corporate Social Responsibility industry and generally a lot of money being invested in unsustainable social interventions.

So, what I am trying to do now is figure out where and how social business fits into the South African development landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment